span.fullpost {display:inline;}

Miranda Writes

LOL! So cheesy, but cool!!

Friday, August 01, 2008

the fight for fair

I’ve been trying to get paternity established and get a child support order put into place with my daughter sperm donor since a few months after she was born. Almost two years now.

As soon as I had her social security number I filed.

It was (is) long and tedious for couple reason. At the time I lived in Illinois…. which…. hmmm, how do I say this nicely. There are an excess of minorities spreading their legs and having illigits left and right so needless to say the state has their hands full.

Also my sperm donor had decided to flee to Arizona to become a psychic! A boogie boogie boogie!!
So now not only am I relying on state assistance, but I’m part of an ‘inter-state case’ which is totally f*cked!

Now I’m at a crossroads. I live in Wisconsin, yet this case is currently being handled between Illinois and Arizona. Although a paternity order is in place and a support hearing is up and coming, I don't feel that either of these states feels the needs to provide me with any information pertaining to this case, and the sperm donor has an attorney.

I can allow this to continue to be handled in this fashion and risk being royally screwed because neither state really cares about the best interest of my child. And the enemy has the upper hand with a lawyer, which I don’t.

Or I can take the paternity result and use it as a starting point to change the venue to the county my daughter and I reside in, at which time I would have the upper hand because the case will be handled locally instead of in two states I am nowhere near. This is just what I thought anyway.

Doing the latter may cause this to be stalled even longer than the two years it already has been because Wisconsin is asking me for the sperm donor’s location in order to proceed in this venue, how the hell am I suppose to get that information? I just feel like nobody wants to help, nobody wants to do their job. It may turn out okay if I just let it be and let whatever happens happen, or I may end up getting f*cked up the @$$ w/ no Vaseline!

I spoke with a lawyer in Wisconsin who told me that it would make no sense for Wisconsin to handle this case because they can’t enforce anything if he lives in Arizona. He also said that I might not be entitled to back child support because the case wasn’t started in Arizona until 01/2008(this is how long it took Illinois to get the case started). I’m not ‘entitled’? No, I think I am ENTITLED; I’m just being screwed because I can’t afford a lawyer! I did everything I was suppose to do and because he managed to elude this whole thing for almost two years he is now alleviated of responsibility to pay an arrearage?

I love how justice works. It’s not me that’s being hurt. It’s my daughter’s money, she deserves it. She is the one that’s getting the short end of the stick on this one. I guess what’s right just doesn’t matter.
I just want to make the right choices. I don’t want to get screwed just because I don’t have a lawyer and I’m listening to people who don’t know what they’re talking about. I just want what’s right and fair. Does it really have to be this hard and stupid?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home