span.fullpost {display:inline;}

Miranda Writes

LOL! So cheesy, but cool!!

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Raising a trucker

I have a potty mouth. I mean, the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem right? I have a really bad and uncontrollable potty mouth. A mommy potty mouth and a two-year-old beginning to form sentences just don’t mesh.
She’s said bad words before….’god dammit’ if her toys aren’t cooperating or ‘shit’ if she trips on something, but it’s only ever right after I’ve said it. Can you say GUILTY!?!
Last night, we were snuggling on the couch singing songs, as we often do. I honestly am not sure what happened. I must have started singing a song that offended her because out of the blue she got this really pissed off look on her face, pointed her little finger in my face and said ‘shub up mama!’…Yes, I said shub.
She was so serious about it, and the cute mispronunciation of the word just made it harder for me to keep a straight face while I scolded her.
I fought back a smile and told her ‘don’t say that to mama’ (keep in mind, trying to talk while fighting a smile is like trying to talk with a frozen mouth while standing outside for an extended period of time in below zero weather), ‘you may ask me to be quiet please or shhhhh’.


It really is stressful to realize the huge impact you have on your kids. I’ve always had a really bad habit of picking at my cuticles and biting them. Nevaeh watched me to that and started picking on hers! Noooo!
Long story short, having my little short stack tell me to ‘shub up’ has been a really eye opener. I have to lock it down and be a better role model when it comes to language and cuticle biting or I'll have a little delinquent child on my hands!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home