span.fullpost {display:inline;}

Miranda Writes

LOL! So cheesy, but cool!!

Friday, July 25, 2008

Body, Mind, Spirit-PART II

It may seem odd that the name of this post is ‘Mind, Body, Spirit’, when my previous post seemed to be focused on what a crappy mom I am. First let me start by saying I’m a weirdo. I don’t make a lot of sense a lot of the time, but I’ll do my best to explain. My relationship with my daughter in first and foremost, therefore when I think about being the best person I can be (body, mind and spirit), motherhood is the first area that comes to mind.

I talked in my last post about how I allow my thoughts to take over, assuming that thinking constantly about being better is enough. Obviously this is delusional to believe, and it ends up frustrating me even more. So the question is how can I force myself to take thoughts and make them into action to create my ideal reality. How can I become the best I can be; body, mind and spirit. I don’t know, but I’ll take a stab at it anyway.

So first I should probably define what it is I hope to accomplish in this leaf turning process.

My mind will be open to new idea and possibilities. My thinking will be positive and light hearted. I crave knowledge and seek it out. I try to see the bigger picture in all situations and allow my logic to overcome my emotions whenever necessary.


My body will be the best that it can be. I will get a natural high from eating right and exercising. I have found the endurance I once had by working on my fitness and ridding myself of toxins such as cigarettes and alcohol.

My spirit will be that of a child. I will keep my focus on the present and keep all things in the proper perspective. I will look for the good in all things and find every opportunity to find beauty around me. My luster for life will be restored and I will look forward to every new sunrise. I will establish a foundation of spiritual beliefs that will carry me through hardship and see me safely and soundly through the rest of my days.

Well, that’s it. Seems so simple and so hard all at the same time. Behind my list of wants there needs to be reason…motivation to succeed, and that is why my first post was so much about my daughter. What drives any of us? What motivates any of us to be better? For me it’s something I feel that is bigger than myself. My daughter.

They say anything done for 30 days becomes habit. And I’m relatively sure I still hold at least a smidgen of will power. I’m a huge nerd, and read a lot. I retain stuff, but I’m really bad with remembering sources. Once I read something and I’m not sure which historical figure it way about…. Abe Lincoln maybe? Ben Franklin? Whatever, I don’t remember, but basically it was a motivational excerpt, which was based in some famous well-respected historical figures philosophy.

Nobody is perfect. Most are far from it. Our need to never stop learning and always keep trying to be better people is what defines us. This particular historical figure would keep a list of his character flaws, bad habits, things he wanted to hone, learn about or do, ect. In general just things he felt he needed to work on or change.

The key was that he would take these on one at a time. He would work on each thing individually until he felt he’d reached a level of mastery. It wasn’t until he reached this point that he would move onto the next thing. He never took on more than one thing at a time. I think this is so wise and inspiring.

It really makes any and all goals seem feasible. Just break it down. I don’t have to be super hero to change my life and myself. I just need truck along one habit at a time…. and so I shall.
I’ll keep my progress updated. Now it’s just a matter of what I should work on first? You guessed it! Provide more one on one, patience and love to my daughter. I will work on this until I have mastered it…it’s time’s like this I'm glad being a mom has taught me how to multi task as my promise to her is a lifetime one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home