span.fullpost {display:inline;}

Miranda Writes

LOL! So cheesy, but cool!!

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Not sexy with toddler in tow

So here’s an awkward post for ya. I was really excited for this particular Fourth of July to hit. My daughter was just 10 days old Independence Day ’06, and still at just over a year old in ’07, I felt her little ears were too young for fireworks. At long last I wanted to share this experience with her.
Fireworks take place at a big fair in the area, which you must pay $7 for a little button to get it. This is because there are many other events (derby’s and such) that take place over 4th of July weekend and the button is good all weekend. Well, I wanted to see the fireworks, period. My plan was to park across the way from the fair and just watch them in my car with Nevaeh.

This plan was foiled when I had a friend in need. I won’t go into details, but I was needed as a distraction for one of my girlfriends at the fair. I managed to sneak my toddler, stroller and myself in through some trees to avoid the fee. I know, bad example, but what’s the difference? I just want to watch the fireworks! I wasn’t even going to try and sit in the grand stand. I mean, what nerve if I didn’t even pay my $7. I was planning on camping my stroller and myself by the beer tent… ok, just outside of the beer tent, SHEESH! And watch my metal head toddler thrash around on the dance floor to the live band covering rock from mostly the 60s and 70s.
The friend I was with happened to have several good-looking single male friends with her. I, being a go-getter, was severely tempted to start a friendly (aka flirtation) conversation with one, or possible all of them but something stopped me. My daughter was close by, but too busy partying it up to notice me, so I didn’t feel bad about the whole ‘role model’ part of mommy-hood. I just felt…I don’t know, awkward?
I have a really bad habit of basing my experiences and my own personal feeling about thing on what I think other people think. Kind of like, everyone else must think the same way I do, syndrome. If that even makes sense. One of these things is mom’s are not sexy. A toddler in tow is not a selling point. Trying to flirt while leaning against a stroller with one eye constantly on the dance floor to make sure my mini-me doesn’t fall down and get a boo-boo means you should probably NOT be flirting.

2 Comments:

At July 12, 2008 at 2:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do yo thang! Flirt away! As long as your little one is distracted might as well get some points in with a hottie!

 
At September 25, 2008 at 8:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heeeheee!!! That's me!! I don't know if I ever really thanked you for coming out that night, but you really helped me out a lot!
-eL

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home