span.fullpost {display:inline;}

Miranda Writes

LOL! So cheesy, but cool!!

Friday, July 04, 2008

Skinny-fat

I was recently encourage by a post from one of my favorite bloggers to buckle down and start working out and eating better. I am by no means over-weight, but I definitely have some over-lapping and jiggling action going on. This particular blogger refers to this as skinny-fat, which I love by the way.

It may be difficult to cook healthy when you're cooking for such a small family but where there's a will there's a way, and I apparently have lacked said will thus far. I am motivated to change my ways!
Being a single parent with a toddler and no support system in the realm of family near by, it's difficult trying to get out and exercise. If I had it my way I would go hit the gym, or go for a jog, but with a toddler in tow this is not a simple task.
It is very difficult to motivate yourself to exercise to a fitness DVD in the comfort of you own living room...trust me, I know. These Pilate's DVDs have been sitting atop my TV set for months and it bores me just to look at them.
I initially put them out thinking, 'OK if they're sitting up there then I'll remember this is something I need to do habitually'. This sounds good in theory doesn't it? In reality I am reminded daily of my laziness and failure to cooperate with my own hair brained scheme. I can't even trick myself to exercise!
I've been counting calories for the last few weeks now, as well as being very aware of my muscles when walking, climbing stairs...just any mundane day to day activity, and believe it or not but I've seen some results. Maybe all I really needed to do is become conscious of it, who knows...guess it's worth a try, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home