span.fullpost {display:inline;}

Miranda Writes

LOL! So cheesy, but cool!!

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Adam Walsh Case Closed

So apparently the notorious murder of little Adam Walsh has been solved after over 27 years. I was reading the article on Yahoo news yesterday and a few thing deeply disturbed me. First, I knew that the ‘America’s Most Wanted’ guy started that show because his young son had gone missing long ago. I never knew that John Walsh knew his son was dead within weeks of him becoming missing in 1981. I didn’t know that poor precious six year old boy was decapitated and his head was found floating in a nearby river. I didn’t know that his body was never recovered. All these things deeply disturbed me and made me sad and angry for little Adam Walsh’s parents.

You may all be surprised that there is something that disturbed me even more so than the above-mentioned events. The article was going through all the positive things John Walsh has done throughout the years, becoming an activist for missing children and much more, all in an attempt to raise AWARENESS despite the tragic, senseless and violent murder of his innocent child that he had to live with.

According to a sociologist and criminologist from Mount Holyoke College named Richard Moran the only thing John Walsh has succeeded in doing is “make children and adults alike exponentially more afraid.” And that “He ended up really producing a generation of cautious and afraid kids who view all adults and strangers as a threat to them and it made parents extremely paranoid about the safety of their children”

WHAT!!??? What kind of asshole can sit there and criticize a man who lost his son in such a god awful inconceivable way? If that would have happened to me I would either kill myself or be on some serious drugs and locked up in a room for the rest of my life.

Instead of being totally buried in grief John Walsh took action to try and prevent this horrible thing from happening to other parents…to try and raise awareness that this kind of this can and does happen!

Kids SHOULD be afraid of strangers….they should be paranoid and cautious!!! DUH!!!! And I also think that this ‘sociologist’ was a little over board when he made the statement ‘kids who view all adults (and strangers) as a threat to them.’ That’s the most retarded thing ever. Strangers yea, that should be the case, but every adult? Come on Moran…or should I say Moron!! Lol, sorry that was uncalled for….but seriously am I wrong? It almost like this guy is a former abductor and because of John Walsh kids won't get in his car with a simple promise of candy anymore.

this is the article link, hope it works---
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081216/ap_on_re_us/adam_walsh;_ylt=Alg2RF9Xf63rTQPV9WinrQMDW7oF'

Oh, and btw---the killer was a guy named Ottis Toole who had confessed to the murder several times but nobody believed him because he had confessed to hundreds of murders....?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home