span.fullpost {display:inline;}

Miranda Writes

LOL! So cheesy, but cool!!

Friday, April 16, 2010

Healthy Stress Management

This is a subject that I’ve recently decided I need to learn more about. I don’t think I handle stress very well. It becomes easy to turn to a mood altering substance (or two) as a coping mechanism but this is just a cheap ass Band-Aid that rips the wound further when it’s pulled off. I found myself falling into habits that I wasn’t proud of, using the old ‘after a long hard day I deserve to….” Excuse. I finally stopped and asked myself one simple question. Why?

My thought process in answering that question brought me to the same place over and over. An escape from my life and myself. Again, I ask why?

The answer? I think too much! I think and then I over-think and then I plan and I worry. I make lists and keep a journal to try and organize my thoughts and my life, but no matter how much I clean or write I still feel chaotic.

When everything is in its place I feel boring and scripted. When everything is out of place I feel hectic and anxious. When things are just right I feel happy and grateful but those feelings are always short lived. When I look at my peers I feel like all my ducks are in a row in comparison, but I also feel like it’s a façade. Maybe they have it more together just for the sheer fact that they don’t over-think it (it being life) like I do.

I tend to handle stress either by substance or anger. I need a healthier outlet. I Hope I’m not the only one that can relate. I’m exploring my options. Testing the waters to see what works. I will report when I’ve had my AHA! moment. Sorry to disappoint anyone who was hoping for answers to 'healthy stress management' instead of question.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home